Sunday, July 29, 2012

Water Ripples



I have just started writing a poem about water today and have just found a really inspirational example of a water poem with an underlying message about the effects our words have.

I need to be more mindful of themes and messages I can insert into my poetry. I haven't really discovered the knack yet, but I guess it is all down to practise and a lot of hard work!

This poem also gives me a strong image of the ripples in the water so for me it is a very successful poem, despite the fact that it doesn't rhyme. I really love the use of repetition in the line, "circling on and on and on". I just hope that the ripple effects in our lives are more positive ones than negative!




I found this poem through a Google image search but it actually belongs to this website: http://www.diversityworld.com/Denise_Bissonnette/TLN04/tln0403.htm

2 comments:

  1. I think is does have a sort of rhyme, it's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it does sort of rhyme with the words "gone" and "on".

    ReplyDelete