Thursday, July 26, 2012

Waterfall poem


Well I now have two possible poems about waterfalls at the moment. This is the shorter one. I have been experimenting with different line lengths to create an interesting form. I was trying to make  a tear drop/ water droplet shape.



A
waterfall
is a silver,
satin ribbon
sown into the side
of a craggy cliff.
Shimmering droplets
cascade down, pooling
into a great, gleaming eye.
Watching the water gushing,
pouring, and trickling, soothes
my soul and relieves my pain. 

©Katherine Cox 27/07/12

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, Katherine.
    I love that you can shape poetry. A few more lines going in would have made it even more complete in terms of the shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Hopefully I can think of some more words to complete the shape sometime soon!

      Delete