Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Anyone for a hike? Oops, I mean Haiku. :P


So I went back to Horsnell Gully on Tuesday, looking for poetry ideas. I decided to actually get there using Hornell Gully road this time. I saw quite a lot of bulbs, rocks, native flowers and heard many different birds. The scenery was the inspiration of the following haiku poem I wrote. 

The cool, crisp air
wafts around my slim figure
as I climb uphill

©Katherine Cox 07/08/12


This poem definitely has room for improvement. I don't really like the "slim figure" part as it makes me sound vain. I was just trying to bring forth an image of a small person battling against the chilly wind whilst climbing. "Wafts" also sounds too gentle. But I guess it was a relatively calm day. Anyway, it's a work in progress, like most of my writing! 












No comments:

Post a Comment