Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas is coming!


Wow! Time sure has flown by. I have been meaning to write a new blog post for ages but again, my images did not want to upload for some reason so I have avoided it until now.

At work I have been slightly bored lately, as there haven't been as many customers coming in as I was expecting. It's probably due to the 30 degree days we have been having lately. Australian summers, tsk, tsk. Although we have had a cool change lately so that has been nice.

Anyway a new game I have come up with to entertain myself while waiting for customers is to think of some Christmas phrases using alliteration and personification.

Here are some examples I came up with this week...


Twisted tinsel twinkles around the trembling, tragically overloaded Christmas tree.


Bright blue boisterous baubles bobbed beneath bountiful, beautiful blooming baby blue blossoms.


Melba's marvellous melons meandered meekly on Monday. << This sentence isn't very Christmas-y but oh well!


I also decided to think of some describing words so I could try and make a poem about Christmas baubles. I was staring at a gold bauble in our store and came up with the following list to describe it:







*bright
*big
*bursting
*brilliant
*shiny
*round
*reflective, like a mirrorball
*looks like a yellow watermelon



I'm sure many of you could come up with better descriptions, but these were just a few ideas I have been tossing around lately.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to a swim in the Murray River and a break from study. I hope you all have a wonderful break too. :)







2 comments:

  1. Surprising to hear that your work has been quiet heading up to Christmas. I'm sure it will be much busier in the few days before Christmas with people buying everything including the kitchen sink as the shops will be closed for a whole two days!

    Hope you enjoy your time up the river and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it certainly wasn't as busy as last year before Christmas. However, on Christmas eve day it was as hectic as ever! People were parking their cars on the side of the road, while others were waiting for customers to leave the plaza to get a parking space.

    I did enjoy my time up river and had a good Christmas. I hope yours was good too. :)

    ReplyDelete