Monday, August 2, 2010

Introduction of myself and where I come from!





Hi there,

Despite my youthful appearance, (for which I have been assured that I will be grateful for in the future) I am older than what I appear... unless you thought I did look 20, but I doubt it! Sorry for the previous mouthful but I want to eliminate any presumptions about my appearance asap.






Waikerie is my home town, in the Riverland. Waikerie has a population of approx. 5000 and is about a 2 and a half hour drive from Adelaide. Where is the Riverland you ask? Well here is your education now!


The Riverland is situated next to The River Murray, North-East of Adelaide, about a 3 hour drive from Victoria. Riverland farmers grow citrus fruit and wine grapes and has the largest winery in the Southern Hemisphere (The Berri Winery). It is located on the Sturt Highway.







There have been some rumours which I have heard about and read in a local newspaper that some of the Adelaide residents think that there is NO water left in The River Murray. Well this is false. We haven't run out of water yet as we still use ferries! Just thought I'd clear that up. Sorry for all the others who know all this already.

This is a photo of The Murray I took at the Waikerie Clifftop Lookout Tower. As you can see, there is still water there!








I am a Christian and have believed in God and Jesus for most of my life. I attend the Uniting Church in our area (but I don't think people should be classified by what they believe or what church they attend; that is if they do go to church).









I have been studying Professional Writing at Tafe for a few years now, so I hope my writing has improved. I know I have learnt quite a bit from the various course books I have studied. I am very passionate about writing and hope to one day publish a book of some sort. At the moment I have been studying children's books as I am illustrating a friend's book.


I'm not sure what I want to focus my blog on yet, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now. Hope I haven't ranted too much XD

No comments:

Post a Comment